Howdy. Just Joined. Anybody know who's workspace this is?

Howdy. Just Joined.
Anybody know who’s workspace this is? and if there are any other workspaces specifically for laser cutting?

http://chilipeppr.com/tinyglaser

It’s my workspace, but I haven’t used it in a long time. I tend to instead just use the main TinyG workspace when I’m doing laser work. I use the M3 spindle on command to toggle the laser and then the S value for PWM. I tend to also use the SVG import widget to generate the laser paths.

Aw man. You have no idea how relieved I am to hear this. I’ve spent a good chunk of time over the last 2 weeks trying to figure this out. As I don’t have spare hundreds of dollars around to muck this up.

I have a 5.5 Watt laser I just got and of course I want to mount it on my TinyG Machine.

I can attach a pic if necessary but my questions revolve around the TTL, it’s function and connection. Since you seem to use it as part of your workflow (I think I watched a laser solder video of yours but that was using a separate arduino to control the laser), I’d be very grateful if you could confirm a few things for me.

And since you responded saying you use spindle on AND PWM I know know less than I thought.

TTL negative to ground and positive to PWM?
12V direct to power supply?

Thanks for your help!

OH, the function part.
Are you able to control the power output this way, using the S value for PWM?
Or is it 100% power all the time?

Here’s the board I use. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Laser-driver-board-Driver-Module-Constant-reduced-voltage-450nm-3A-TTL-modulation-Blue-ray-drive-circuit/32309851957.html

Or I use the 5A board 5a laser driver - Buy 5a laser driver with free shipping on AliExpress just like that 3A board above for my 6W diode laser DTR's Laser Shop - 450nm 7W NUBM44-V2(NUBM44-81/NUBM47-A1) Laser Diode.

Then I hook the TTL input on that board, which is capable of 10Khz TTL, to the Spindle PWM output. One downside I’ve found is that when the spindle is off, the TinyG still seems to send PWM albeit slowly so like 1% power. So you may need to rig up a relay/mosfet to the spindle on/off from TinyG if you want to have a clean setup to get a full off. For me I just pull the power on the laser driver when I’m done.

To setup your PWM on TinyG enter $p1 to see PWM settings. Set $p1cpl=0, $p1cph=1, $p1csl=0, $p1csh=1, $p1pof=0 then use M3 S1 for 100% power, M3 S0.1 for 10% power, etc.

My board is essentially the same and came paired with my 5.5 Watt laser, so I am glad I don’t have to buy any additional hardware. That is some super helpful info. I think I will be ok with 1% (~55mw) as that shouldn’t cause damage to any materials.

In terms of physical hookup though; just to be sure negative terminal of TTL on driver to ground and positive terminal of ttl to PWM?

Yes on your ground description.