Howdy, I'm new to this world;

diycnc-discuss
gplus
(Pete Hartman) #1

Howdy, I’m new to this world; I’m a synth addict who wants to make PCBs (and maybe panels in 1/16" aluminum) with a Mantis or Mantis-like CNC. I have a few woodworking skills and I’m good with electronics, it’ll be interesting to see how the mechanicals work out for me :slight_smile:

(Richard “Fletch” Fletcher) #2

Welcome Pete, I hope the members of the community can help you as much as they have helped me in my search for answers in my quest to build my machine.

(Aaron Powter) #3

Welcome mate, probably the easiest way to get into cnc would be to purchase a Chinese style router. That’s how I did I originally bought a Yoocnc 3040. Check my YouTube videos dctteacher1. Cheers Aaron

(Pete Hartman) #4

Thank you :slight_smile: I’ve already bought most of the mechanical parts for the Mantis, so I’m a fair bit committed. Which was kind of the point, after all.

(Aaron Powter) #5

Hey no probs Pete. I was unaware that you already started with the parts. Please post a vid or pics of your progress. Cheers Aaron

(Pete Hartman) #6

Definitely will do. Thanks :slight_smile: (by 'the point", I meant “the point of getting parts was to make sure I actually did something”, btw).