How to tighten carriage?

So I’ve seen it mentioned a few times in different posts about the wheels being loose on the head carriage being an issue.
But how does one go about making those wheels tighter to the rail so there’s no wiggle? It’s not obvious to me that there’s a way to tighten/loosen them. Unless something is bent?
Thanks!

See my post here on replacing the x-axis belt. I describe how to tighten the carriage in the post.

Start here:

2 Likes

Super helpful.
My setup is just a tiny bit different. Instead of screws holding the eccentric posts, mine have super tiny allen screws that are maybe 1.5mm. Allen wrenches that small don’t really work super well. Seems like either the screws or the wrenches strip out too easily. Maybe I can replace them.
But I was still able to adjust and tighten them up using needle nose pliers.

2 Likes

Almost certainly. Are they grub / set screws? I’ve found that in a lot of applications I can just replace them with screws with a head, for exactly that reason. An M3 set screw takes a 1.5mm hex wrench, so you can probably just replace it with an M3 socket cap screw which takes a 2.5mm hex wrench. Just measure how deep the hole is and get a screw of the right length.

2 Likes