How thick mdf boards can I cut? Does anyone know/have experience with that?

How thick mdf boards can I cut?
Does anyone know/have experience with that?

You don’t (typically). MDF contains formaldehyde, a very toxic chemical. You don’t want to be cutting MDF with a laser. Heck, even cutting MDF with traditional methods can be somewhat harmful to your health. And generally you’re looking at a quarter of an inch.

Even if I have really good extraction of the fumes?
What is the option if I want a smooth surface that I can both engrave and cut then?

I want to do embossing “plates” for leather, regular ply leaves small grain marks in the leather, and acrylic can’t hold the detail of the engraving for the emboss…

@ThantiK Interesting info re MDF. I’ve done some research on materials that are suitable for laser cutting and many say that MDF is ok (one site saying it’s their preferred material - e.g. Laser cutting shop “MDF cuts so well it seems like it was made for laser cutting”). I’ve been cutting 3mm MDF easily. I haven’t tries anything thicker. I do prefer to use plywood because it gives a more natural looking wood result. I cut 3mm plywood easily. 7mm plywood is doable with a couple of slow passes. I imagine that 6mm MDF would be cutable. Engraving of any thickness material is doable of course.