How can I fix 3D Printing issue

I’m new to 3D printing i bought my first printer CReality CE 6 few days back, I did not do any calibration except bed leveling and Z axis nozzle position (these calibrations are recommended to do upon first use)

I’m attaching image of two different prints they have issue, sorry i dont know what these issues are called, please zoom in the image. Please note that these both issues occurred towards top side of printing.

Those aren’t really issues. That’s how FDM works. Those prints look beautiful. You can add support material, but it’s not going to change much in this instance. I’d say those printed almost perfectly for an FDM print.

Is it the ends that don’t connect?

What kind of filament, and what print parameters? Like speeds, temperatures, cooling…

Its PLA material came with printer i believe those are 1.75mm
Bed temperature is 60C, nozzle 200C speed is 100% and about cooling i have no idea, may be that’s fan speed??

There are two fans:

• One runs all the time to cool the heat sink
  • One runs sometimes, when the slicer asks for the cooling fan to run, to cool the part

This is the second of those.

It’s not unusual to have a few imperfections like this. Improving is where details like temperature and speed (in mm/sec not percentage) matter.

Usually it takes some experimentation. There are things like “temperature towers” than can help you achieve more precise results by changing the parameters you use.

Many problems can be reduced by the orientation you print in. I don’t see enough in the images above to understand how it was printed and what the whole print looks like, but in general figuring out how to orient the part to print is part of the fun. :relaxed:

1 Like

The pictures show 2 circles where the “problems” are the underside of the top of the circle. The area where we used to print the old teardrop shape that makes up the RepRap logo.

You can see the layer lines running horizontally across the picture. These circles are practically immaculate for FDM prints.

FDM printers can’t print pure overhangs, there are several ways to address it such as with supports, bridging, changing the orientation of the print, splitting the print into two parts. Which to choose depends on the features of the model you are trying to print. I often use a mix of all solutions.

There are a lot of links on google, so I won’t pick one out but search for “3dp bridging” etc.

1 Like

It’s worth following XYZdims on twitter if you want to see some interesting experimentation with printing pure overhangs with FDM. But it’s experimentation. :relaxed:

2 Likes