Hopefully, one of you guys can help me.

Hopefully, one of you guys can help me. I finally tried using ChiliPeppr last night and kept having a problem. ChiliPeppr kept disconnecting from my tinyg. It would happen a lot when I would start the gcode. It would run for maybe 60 seconds and then would disconnect and my router would stop moving, but ChiliPeppr would still be running the gcode like it was still connected. I couldn’t get ChiliPeppr to pause or stop. It was getting really frustrating. I downloaded the most up-to-date json serial server, but that didn’t help.

Why is this happening??? Anyone have any clue? Anything I can check on my end? It runs perfectly fine until it disconnects. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

When you say disconnect, do you mean TinyG disconnects from SPJS? Or your browser disconnects from the websocket to SPJS? I’m trying to figure out which link in the chain you are saying is disconnecting. A screenshot would show me that as well, so could you post a screenshot?

I’ll try and get a screenshot tomorrow. Until I can, what shows as disconnected is in the widget on the ChiliPeppr workspace where is it gives you the port list. It lists my tinyg correctly, but then it will show it is disconnected and gives me the option to reconnect. Does that help at all?

Yes, that helps. That websocket can disconnect if the browser gets overwhelmed with processing. How complex is your gcode? I would recommend you turn the frame rate super low on the 3d viewer or even possibly choose “disabled” to run your job. See if that works.

Nope that didn’t do it. It’s not the websocket that seems to be disconnecting. I took a screenshot, but I don’t know how to post a picture in the comment section. Here’s a better description for you…in the Serial Port websocket, when it disconnects a transparent block box appears over the Port List. It says, “SPJS Disconnected” and it has a little box that says “Reconnect”. The only time it didn’t disconnect was when I did a simple box and circle. It disconnected with anything else I tried. I disabled the 3D viewer each time. Any thoughts?

Screenshot is key at this point. It will tell me about 5 variables i need to know including browser, os, os for spjs, versions, etc.

Ok…got on my laptop and uploaded a screenshot to Dropbox since I can’t add it here. Let me know if this helps. https://www.dropbox.com/s/onmunfop14pnaa9/ChiliPeppr%20Disconnect.jpg?dl=0

Here’s the variables you mentioned:
Internet Explorer 11.0.9600
Windows 7 64 bit
SPJS V.1.88

Any other variables you need?

Perfect. Nobody has ever had good success with IE so use Chrome instead. Firefox seems to be ok too.

I’ll have to download Chrome, but I’ll try it and let you know if that made a difference. I won’t be able to play around with it again until at least Monday night though. I’ll report back here when I do. That darn Super Bowl is keeping me from working on it tomorrow. Grrrr!!! :wink: