Home made cnc glass sandblasting machine.. Works very well for a prototype machine..

Home made cnc glass sandblasting machine… Works very well for a prototype machine… Now to build mark two…

@Sandblastcity_Blackp , man that really is nice! Curious, seems you are running extremely low acceleration. Due to the mass of the head? Would love to know more about the drive system.

@Brandon_Satterfield hi there, the y carriage is extremely light, being driven by a home made belt driven linear rail and size 23 stepper. The cone helps contain the sand which bounces about 50cm up in the air after hitting the glass below. A use standard 3d cad software to create designs and g-code but then convert the g-code depth (Z) into feedrate speeds . This home written software produces different depths in the glass( the longer it sandblasts I particularly point the deeper it cuts)

Relay cool :slight_smile:

Very nice work. Any chance you documented this build somewhere?

Hi Ben, it’s kinda made up as I went along. I am making a much bigger machine as the size is quite limited on this prototype ( max glass 930mm by 690mm). I need to go upto glass 2100mm by 1000mm for door glass, screen’s etc

can u share the head design the x y I understand

look at vslot from open build