Hm. I'm trying to set up my Z axis to home to max (top).

Hm. I’m trying to set up my Z axis to home to max (top). I can’t seem to get it to detect the endstop while homing, which is probably my fault (incorrectly set up endstops directions), but never mind that…

After homing times out, Redeem crashes. I get this error:

Unexpected error while reading serial port, please consult octoprint.log for details: SerialException: ‘read failed: [Errno 5] Input/output error’ @ comm.py:_readline:1373
Changing monitoring state from ‘Operational’ to ‘Error: SerialException: ‘read failed: [Errno 5] Input/output error’ @ comm.py:_readline:1373’
Connection closed, closing down monitor

… which doesn’t really tell much (besides the fact Redeem crashed). Some seconds later, the watchdog seems to kick in and reboots the BBB. Any clues?

Yeah, i know. Was about to and post an update, but fell asleep, lol.

Nothing useful there.

try “systemctl -n 100 -l status redeem”

Will do when i’m back home. If i can repro it, that is, because the issue is gone now the endstops are doing their job.

It looks like it’s a known issue: https://bitbucket.org/intelligentagent/redeem/issues/85/homing-for-z-doesnt-seem-to-work-right

In short, if the axis never reaches the home offset in time, it times out, tries to cancel the move, and crashes.

Not a big deal if everything works, but will cause a crash if an endstop is misconfigured or not working.