High voltage meter

Watched Russ’s trip to Florida a few times. Very interesting, as you pointed out and not sure I really follow all of it 100%. Thanks for posting the link, I hope others take the time to watch it.

My probe for my VTVM/osilloscope disappeared a years ago. I looked into this, but I’d have to break the insulating barrier to really go to the line. I’d prefer not too.

The optical angle, I didn’t consider. :frowning: I understand about the optical sensor problem, slow vs expensive. I quit looking for anything like a luminous meter sensor for these in IR.

What kind of price range did you finally quit looking?

It would be much more informative if the graph information could be done sensing the optical output characteristics as it goes through the cycle. A time line would have been of assistance.

I can set my Ruida (1kh pwm frequency) to 250mm/s and burn a 50% line. It burns a clean line, as expected. If I up the speed to 1000mm/s I can see the individual pwm pulses in the material. 50% pattern of on and off. It was pretty evident that my view of the being able to control the lasers power was an illusion. Even though I knew it deep down, kind of drives it home.

The performance is there. Most of these supplies are rated at a response time of <= .1ms (I think, that’s 90% power), but I’d like to have more information. I’d like to be able to relate the stuff…

You mentioned the ballpark settings for the pwm, what/how did you come up with them? What did you find.?

Thanks… Need to run, it’s honey dew time…

:smiley_cat:

2 Likes