Hi wonderful people of the web! I was wondering if I could get some

Hi wonderful people of the web! I was wondering if I could get some advice. I am using Fast led and the trinket core to run my led projects on the ATtiny family. and as many are aware they have very limited space. maxing out at about 5k code space due to the core. I’m wondering if its possible to slim down the library code to reduce its footprint so that i can cram more functions into my code. Mainly looking at deleting all the code in the library pertaining to chips I dont use such as the DMX controller and the 4 wire chips. will it help and how can i go about it?
thanks a lot!

You don’t need to - GCC is really good at getting rid of dead code, and there’s been a number of design decisions in the library made to ensure that as much code as possible gets stripped out.

Why not look at a different piece of hardware? Teensy 3.1 has 64k of memory plus a clock speed of 72mhz. If size and cost are not factors of course.

size and cost are indeed factors. I only need 2 pins and I am designing a custom board for my first few prototypes. the 8 pin tiny is perfect in every way except for memory size. if it weren’t for the fact that I have to use the Trinket core I could be saving a bit more memory. I would love to be able to shave down the core but I don’t feel comfortable in my coding abilities.

I can’t wait until someone makes a trinket killer with this chip - http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers/cortex_m0_m0/lpc800/LPC810M021FN8.html - 30Mhz 32-bit Arm Cortex-M0+ in an 8-pin dip package - oh, and it has a lower power draw than the ATTiny and I was told that it is cheaper than the tiny’s :slight_smile: