Hi what's the best way to get the eagle board import to recognise the

Hi

what’s the best way to get the eagle board import to recognise the milling layer on boards? (for slots etc).

thanks
Justin

That would require code edits to the Eagle BRD widget. The nice thing is all the framework is there and the code is fairly well commented. Would you be willing to help out on the code?

@jlauer yes. delighted to help. I’m fairly adept in javascript but have no knowledge at all of the grbl language nor any experience in complex rendering using html5. Is this sufficient or would I need to expand my horizons to be useful?

Incidentally transposing the slots to the dimension layer did not work at all. this was the result. you can see that the slots, for some reason, are oriented around the pointer rather than inside their pads on the right hand side. Incidentally the pads should not be showing on the top layer either; bottom layer only (where they are not showing) so there may be other gremlins here.

missing/deleted image from Google+

If you know Javascript, when you peruse through the code for widget-eagle, I think you’ll say to yourself “hmm, this is pretty easy.” It would be awesome to have you join in. Just fork widget-eagle on Github, pull it into your own Cloud9 workspace, and then start sending pull requests to the main project. I recommend you watch the 3 videos on the homepage of ChiliPeppr.com to get acquainted with the structure of ChiliPeppr Javascript.

What we’re starting to realize about the Dimensions layer is that we assumed the order was correct of the lines in that layer. It looks like Eagle doesn’t care about order, so we need to add an algorithm that matches up the x,y end points to the next line that has those same x,y coords, so that we get a correct order.

interesting. I had not considered that order was important in the context of milling. But equally I am not sure how order might be the cause of an entire translocation of a part.

i can look at the code and will do; doubtless insights are to be found there!

i tried to create a cloud9 account but it asked for a credit card - which is where I stop with all but very few trusted service providers. That may limit my usefulness. There really is no need for any service provider to ask for a credit card before it actually needs it. Creates instant distrust!

I recall being able to create a free Cloud9 workspace, but I would guess they got abused by spammers/fraudsters, and asking for a credit card slows folks down. They recently sold to Amazon.com so they are super trustworthy, and frankly that online editor is the most amazing thing out there as IDE’s go.

You don’t need to use Cloud9. You can use any IDE.

The order idea is just a theory, but don’t confuse that with the milling layer. The milling layer is simply that we don’t bother looking at it, but I’ve always wanted to eventually get it added.

ok. In the meantime I guess I can use an array of pins.

I will take a look at the code base over the next few days. I have a window in February (at the moment - I’m a lawyer so this is ‘evening’ work outside of work-windows).

it looks like holes also need to be handled within the script. that should be easier as a starting point as (I assume) it can be a port of the pad code.

I think @ameen.nihad just got holes to work.

@Justin_Adie Holes are working now, in two or three days I’ll make a pull request to main widget, for now you can try the update from here: http://www.chilipeppr.com/ameen

Thanks @ameen.nihad ​. I pulled your code last night and diffed it. Not yet validated it of course but I was impressed with how elegantly few changes you made to cater for the new layer. Kudos.