Hi! We are working a few kinks out of our newer laser.

Hi! We are working a few kinks out of our newer laser. It was working fine on my husbands PC, but we had to switch to my MAC as the primary operating computer. We loaded LaserWeb4 on the Mac, and I am looking forward to playing around with it. But I can’t get the laser and the Mac to talk! I did see one post that said the laser needed to be “reset”, but I don’t know how to do that. I did unplug it. That didn’t work. How do I reset it so my Mac will talk to my laser like it did with our PC? Thanks!

Error: No supported firmware detected.

Does you laser have GRBL 1.1 or later ?

Some of the cheap lasers have CH341 Serial chipsets on them which are not directly supported on mac. You have to download and install the driver first. There’s a download link to the manufacturer on my blog. If it’s one of the eleksmaker this might work out the issue for you. Since it worked on the PC it should work on the mac - so long as the serial port is working. You can also test the communications in the Arduino IDE. If it can connect in there it should be able to connect in LaserWeb.

http://www.restrictedayerspace.net/uncategorized/programming-chinese-arduinos-on-mac/

search for this; ch340g-ch34g-ch34x-mac-os-x-driver-master.zip and grbl_v1.1f.20170801.hex and HexUploader.zip

Also you have to set your Mac to US language because of the , and .