Hi there, I'm having trouble connecting to my Linksprite CNC through ChiliPeppr.

Hi there,

I’m having trouble connecting to my Linksprite CNC through ChiliPeppr. I’ve installed and connected to the Serial Port JSON server, a was able to import G-code easily enough, but my CNC is still reading as offline. I’m sure I’ve overlooked something incredibly obvious, so Screengrab below of my ChiliPeppr workspace. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

-Oliver Brennan

You seem to be trying to connect across a Bluetooth connection. Does your board support that?

I can’t imagine it does, that was just the only Port that was available after connecting the JSON Server. I’m connecting my CNC to my Mac via USB, but I can’t seem to allocate the correct port (I tried checking my System Information, but there wasn’t anything configurable there). Is this something I can do in ChiliPeppr, or better yet, in my Terminal? (I can follow instructions in terminal script, but I’m a novice when it comes to knowing commands off the top of my head).

Then you may not have the right drivers for your board loaded on the Mac. Identify the right usb chip and search for the right kext files.
You can tell the usb chip by reading the markings on the ic near the usb socket.