Hi there, I need some help reversing part of a LED strip.

Hi there,

I need some help reversing part of a LED strip. I have very long LED strip which I divided in several sub-strips to make use of FastLEDs parallel output feature.

Some of this substrips are connected on the right while others are connected on the left. I run a bundle of cable to each second intersection of the strips, and I connect both of them. So one is connected on its highest numbered LED while the other one is connected on the lowest numbered LED. The one which is connected on its highest numbered LED has to be reversed.

After initializing the LED substrips and adding them to an array “led” which is the representation of the whole strip, I reverse the parts of this array corresponding to the substrips which are connected to their highest numbered LED and which should be filled from the opposite side.

The only problem is it does not work. If I run a movable dot from led[0] to led[end], the substrips which are connected reverse are still filled from the wrong side even though I inverted their part of the LED array. Using some test data it seems that my array inversion is working so I don not get what I am doing wrong.

I made a simplified example with just one substrip. This strip I want to inverse so that the if I run the red dot from leds[0] to leds[end] it runs from the side where the cables are not connected to the side where the cables are connected.

I hope that someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance!
Christian

The code example is below:

http://pastebin.com/aGX4JjEG