Hi there! I am a second semester Design Technology student who is working toward

Hi there! I am a second semester Design Technology student who is working toward an AAS degree with CAD/CAM focus. What are some good videos/tutorials for a total beginner in the world of building a starter CNC machine?

Hi Jay, my name is Aaron and I’m a Design Technology teacher here in Melbourne Australia. First of all, what type of CNC machine do you want to build? Do you want a CNC 3D printer, router, plasma or laser type machine, or do you want to convert a machine into cnc? If you want to build a 3D printer there is heaps of stuff online for the RepRap type. One of Engineering students built a RepRap machine last year for his major project http://youtu.be/DnCgIMoQs8U using 2nd hand stepper motors and parts that he printed out on the school UP Printer. If you want to convert a machine into CNC visit my YouTube channel and watch the conversion process of my Titan TM20LV. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions. Cheers, Aaron.

Great info @Aaron_Powter . I’d like to make a wood router capable of building most of the components of a guitar with really good precision. Probably a machine with a static base where the router itself moved. I’m also into 3D printing and would love to have a printer (especially a metal extruding one so I could make guitar hardware), but I think at this point it’s a little out of my league. I’ll certainly check out your YouTube site soon. Thanks for the reply!