Hi, thanks for all your great work.

Hi, thanks for all your great work.

I am working on getting the FastSPI_LED2 working on ws2801 and wondering what i am doing wrong. I am trying to use non hardware SPI pins as I am using nRF24L01+ radio on the SPI to receive data.
using controller (on arduino uno)

WS2801Controller<2, 3, 8, 3> LED;

I tried to run a fade up routine from off to red
for (int c=0; c< 254; c++){
for( int i=0; i < NUM_LEDS; i++){
leds[i].r=c;
leds[i].g=0;
leds[i].b=0;
LED.showRGB((byte*)leds, NUM_LEDS);
delay(20);
}
delay(2000);
}
and it blinks blue (full on) to green fading up?

any ideas?

Ah - no - the last preview release introduced a bug for ws2801 which I missed because I was primarily focusing on the ws2811 and lpd8806 - and I haven’t released a fix yet because the library has been undergoing some major API changes and I didn’t want to throw more flux into the world. Hopefully that next release will be in the next few days.

Oh - also change that last 3 to a 16 - ws2801 doesn’t like being driven at above 1mhz (that last parameter is the clock divider, nominally - also, the vagueness of that last number is something the next release fixes)

Oh, thank you ! I spent a few long nights this week trying to figure out what I had done wrong. thought I had lost it :slight_smile: I boiled it down to the above loop and decided it was out of my control… meanwhile the blue green routine has kinda grown on me.
Thanks again! Ill be keeping an eye out for the next release. Or Hey it could be a good excuse to get some ws2811’s right?