Hi new to Chillipeppr and i already have my workspace locked up.

Hi new to Chillipeppr and i already have my workspace locked up. i dragged a file into my work space and everything locked up i have a stack up in the upper right hand corner that I can not remove, question how do i delete a job that i do not want to run and clear everything up.

2606aaccbe0ad88e9bf3294f1b561ec9.jpeg

It doesn’t look like from the screenshot you loaded anything as the 3D viewer would show something or if there was an error it may show garbage or emptiness, but it still shows the CP logo? You can also clear localStorage in your browser console if you want to wipe cached files. Do Ctrl+Shift+J to open console. Go to Resources tab. Click localStorage and wipe all the settings.

What is the stack up on the upper right corner for and how do I delete it

Those are Work Coordinate System layers that you can toggle. If you don’t want them, click the icon to the left of the “Axes” word to toggle it off.

Are you trying Chilipeppr in Google Chrome or MS Internet Explorer? I think you might need to allow compatibility mode in IE or just use Chrome.

Are you dragging a g-code file (that is my guess) and how big the file is?

You can try to load predefined files (Workspace TinyG top left corner ‘Open File’ like icon) and see if it works in the 3D viewer.

Thanks everyone for the input seems to be back to normal again

Just located this very old thread regarding browser connection issues. After running back through all my steps thought I would try all my browsers this time added Chrome, of course the last an untried version worked. Now, regarding why the other browsers don’t work. I have turned of script blocking, ad blocking, etc. for FF and still no luck. FF is my preferred browser but I will use Chrome if necessary. Any thoughts or answers about the use of other browsers or why it is not working in FF or ME/IE?

Top reason is that ChiliPeppr uses a websocket to talk to SPJS and browsers are inconsistent there. 2nd reason is WebGL implementations are different.

@jlauer
Does that mean there is a list of supported browsers and versions available? Or is it just trial and error left up to the individual? I don’t recall seeing anything.

I use Chrome browser, but used also Firefox in the past. Make sure your graphics card driver is correct. I faced a problem once that after installing clean Win7 on a PC with Intel integrated graphics adapter and default graphics driver there was a black screen in CP (and Chrome browser). Updating driver with Intel latest version solved this issue. You may also try to clean Chrome cache.

It’s a “just use chrome” recommendation.

I did not say to use only Chrome, John, as I used Firefox with no issues some time ago :wink:

It is worth to check graphics adapter drivers and possibly clean browser cache, Chrome in my case, but any other browser will do. I remember posts suggesting WebGL rendering related issues - aren’t those related to graphics?

I think this is still better to use Chrome and keep going than not to use CP at all, if other browsers fail.