hi! I made som MDF buttons with my laser.

hi!

I made som MDF buttons with my laser. sold about 60 of them but afraid that they need sealing of some sort to with stand being washed?

Anyone have experience with this?

They definitely need to be sealed. The only thing that MAY stand up to washing might be a marine grade epoxy, any other finish is bound to wear off rather quickly #IMHO.

Switch to using acrylic.

I coated some wooden buttons, for my wife, with West System epoxy and they held up fine going through the washer. They lasted longer than the dress and I think they are in her button box now.

@Martin_Dillon so did you just “paint” the buttons with epoxy? Would be sooo thankful if you explained the procedure to do this :slight_smile:

West system epoxy is thinner than other expoxies and penetrates the wood better than some other epoxies. I mixed up the epoxy and dipped them into the resin and then hung them to dry. There will be a drip on the lowest part so hang them in a way that it won’t matter and it will be easy to sand off. You can brush it on as well.

@Martin_Dillon nice, thanks for the info! need to test this :slight_smile:

@Dag_Elias_Sordal Hi I want to engrave something similar, but I can’t get it, are wooden cases, can you help me please

@Denisse_Bazbaz what do you need help with? :slight_smile: