Hi

I’m just starting project to add “eyes” to trio of small "found objects” robots

fastled-support
gplus
(Ken Douglas) #1

Hi I’m just starting project to add “eyes” to trio of small "found objects” robots

RGB Neopixel Jewels fit the eyes perfectly (they are old opera glasses) although a tight fit, leaving room for diffusers. As a result the orientation is not quite consistent between the eyes. You can see in the diagram the order of the LEDs.

I want to apply effects that treat the “pupils” of the eyes (LEDS 0,7,14,21,28 and 35) differently from the surrounding LEDS. That’s would be easy enough.

However, I also I want to be able to apply effects that sweep horizontally i.e. starting at 6, followed by 1+5, then 0, 2+4, 3, 8, 9+13………

Likewise for vertical sweeps (top row, middle row, bottom row i.e. 1+2+9+10+15+16+23+24+29+30+37+38, followed by 6+0+3………) etc. You get the idea.

I’m happy to roll my sleeves up and just hack it all out, but I have to wonder whether there are any “tricks” that might help!?

I’ve taken a look at array sets but I’m not finding out enough to help me really use that approach, so any pointers appreciated. Any other thoughts would be very welcome too.

Thanks

(Ken White) #2

@Ken_Douglas - - Look at my code in:

It illustrates how to use arrays and arrays of arrays to create custom animations like you want to do. The_8x8_Arrays.h file shows the arrays and array of arrays that I used. Here is a video of that code in action:

(Yves BAZIN) #3

@Ken_Douglas i would create a class ‘eye’
And a class ‘google’ which would be a left ´eye’ and a right eye’´
You could have
E1=eye(0,1,2,3,4,5,6) which will correspond to eye(pupil,up1,up2,right,down2,down1,left)
Then you create all the method for what you wanna do with the eyes without having to think about which led numbers you use
I hope I am clear

(Ken Douglas) #4

Thank you Yves and Ken, for your very useful help. I’ll let you know how I get on.