GRBL-LPC on Smoothieboard "No supported firmware" problem

@cprezzi
Now I have tried to connect the board to an external power supply, and then tried to flash it. This did not make any differences. I also decided to run Smoothieware on my laser cutter, but even if Putty returns “Smoothie ok”, when I try LW4 I receive loots error codes and the machine disconnects. This is the messages I receive:
“Warning: Gcode out of machine bounds, can lead to running work halt
error:Alarm lock
Server error: Writing to COM port (GetOverlappedResult): Unknown error code 121
Machine disconnected”
Is it possible that there could be something wrong with the bootloader, or should I just buy a new card?

@Knut_Gunnarson_Veum This sounds like serial communication problems. I would first try a good quality short USB cable (best with ferrites). If that doen’t help, try a different PC.

I just tried two other USB-cables, I am not sure if these were with ferrites, but they were short. I also tried to use Pronterface with another PC (Windows 8,1) and this message appeared when I tried to connect and send some commands:

Connecting…
Printer is now online.
Extruding 5.000000mm of filament.
Can’t write to printer (disconnected ?):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “printrun\printcore.py”, line 672, in _send
File “lib\site-packages\serial\serialwin32.py”, line 323, in write
serial.serialutil.SerialTimeoutException: Write timeout

LW behaved the same way as I described yesterday, and the firmware I used was Smoothieware. It is tempting to order a new Smoothieboard, but is there anything else I should try to do before I make the order?

Did you try to get help in the Smoothieware community? (as this has clearly nothing to do with LaserWeb)
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/111870450664099533727

4 posts were split to a new topic: GRBL-LPC on Smoothieboard X0 “No supported firmware” problem