Hi, I have a CTC Makerbot Replicator 1 Clone which I've had nothing but

Hi, I have a CTC Makerbot Replicator 1 Clone which I’ve had nothing but trouble with. It’s now reading a temperature on the right extruder without a thermocouple attached, which should give a heating error 4, the left is fine, has anyone come across this on this motherboard? Is there any way to fix it?

What temp is it reading? That’s a really unusual failure.

@jesse_mccabe - O resistance on the Socket
@Ryan_Carlyle - Somewhere between 27-29c, reading up it seems that it may be reading Board temperature and it’s shorting across the Chip on the board.

I’ve also found someone with the same issue on the left Extruder.

@jesse_mccabe The thermocouple is disconnected, the board should throw a temp error 4 if it can’t read temperature, but it doesn’t even with it disconnected.

Not had this very long at all, so I think it’s contacting the Vendor as I’m loathed to do board work.

Ok, I’d bet good money it’s a bad solder job shorting the TC input lines (below the terminal or at the chip). The TC amp will report board temp if it reads 0v / shorted.

CTC electronics are crap, I know a large number of people who buy CTCs and eventually end up having to swap all the electronics over to FlashForge or Wanhao parts. I’d return it and buy a better version of the same printer, unless you like troubleshooting this kind of thing.

Don’t think I can return it. With drilling holes in the front panel (moved the On/Off Switch and jumpered the reset switch to the front).

One of the bearings on the feeder has buggered up and the other side is now not feeding properly. Admittedy, I knew it was going to need some work but I have parts failing constantly, Both Thermocouples snapped, one heater’s snapped, constant nozzle blockages, I think this thing has spent more time on the bench than printing. Tbh, I think I’m going to totally replace the head and see if I can get a replacement board. The only thing that hasn’t been an issue is the bed…