Hi Has anyone had any experience with an 80W LASER ENGRAVING MACHINE ROTARY AXIS

Hi

Has anyone had any experience with an 80W LASER ENGRAVING MACHINE ROTARY AXIS 700X500MM CUTTER - ebay

I currently have a K40 which I can’t get to cut through 3mm mdf. I have looked at all of the upgrade kits, laser tubes etc and just weighing up my options. I came across this machine which I think will be perfect for what I need

• to cut through 3mm mdf cleanly
    *to cut through paper and card stock
  • to cut shapes through 25mm mdf (router for this)

Would this do the job

It would do the job well. But your K40 should be able to cut through 3mm MDF in a single pass. Sounds like you have a mirror alignment issue.

Yeah, the K40 will definitely cut 3mm MDF with no trouble, once you have your beam alignment spot on & lens orientated correctly (convex side up) & the focal depth set correctly (50.8mm from base of lens to centre of material for cutting). I can cut 3mm plywood at 6mA power, 20mm/s, 2 passes. I tend to use multiple passes as this gives a slightly thinner cut line (by using lower power/higher speed). You should theoretically be able to achieve a clean cut of 3mm MDF at about the same settings, or alternatively at settings similar to 6mA power, 10mm/s, 1 pass. Just a bit of playing around to get alignment/focal point set correctly, then you’ll be cutting it like it is butter.