Hi Guys, Quick question for you all.

Hi Guys, Quick question for you all.
Does anyone know if there is a .HEX file floating around for GRBL 1.1 for the cheep Chinese lasers?

I had to use t2 laser to flash my driver just so i could get it to work with laserweb3.

The reason i ask is in my up coming video I would rather suggest just using xloader to flash it,

Thanks

I will when v1.1 goes to master, which is set to be later this week. Most likely Friday.

+Peter van der Walt I was hoping for a Tuesday release, so filming on Monday at the latest.

+Peter van der Walt I wouldn’t compile/host our own bin’s because that delays distribuion (and is additional work for us). But we could think about an option to flash the actual firmwares (from orig distro) directly from LW.

+Peter van der Walt Yes I’m aware. :slight_smile: I have been busy with a few proposals and a final report this week. It’s due later today. After that, I’ll be able to do what I need to release Grbl v1.1 to master, but it probably won’t be until this evening (US Mountain Time)

Trying out the github release system this time around. https://github.com/gnea/grbl/releases

+Peter van der Walt I was thinking again about having a copy of the firmware for supported controllers on our repo. I think it could help to have less trouble as this way we can publish firmwares only that are tested with LW.

Awesome Thanks guys!

@Jords_Wood_Shop Saw your video - great help bro! Keep up the good work. This community is great just like you said.

@Jords_Wood_Shop Thanks for the Video… I tried the setup with your grbl***.hex… can’t get my laser to connect to Laserweb. Any recommendations?