Hi Guys, im thinking about replacing my bottom plate on a prusa i2 an

Hi Guys, im thinking about replacing my bottom plate on a prusa i2 an im leaning towards this: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:43270

the only difference is that i would use 4 mounting holes for the bed, not 3 (im going to ditch the springs).

Any thoughts?

i just dont wanna use an alu or wood plate, alu is expensive and i dont wanna cut wood, im a lazy bastard.

3 point leveling is tremendously easier to get right than 4-point leveling. You get front/back leveled, and then 1 screw to adjust for left/right.

Im going to level it with pieces of paper, no more springs or screws!

IIRC, @Josef_Prusa doesn’t even use anything like that to level his bed. In order to put his i2 into tram, he actually adjusts the triangle frame itself. I’d love to see some sort of write up on that, as I only saw him do it once in a video.

lasercut version works great. Can level bed in less than 5 mins and a lock it in with a little superglue on spring screws. I’d image similar results from the printable version.

Just loose the springs. There is more than enough elasticity in the extruder, plate and frame to prevent any mishaps when crashing the hotend into the bed.