Hi guys. I have a problem running gcode generated with flatcam via chilipeppr->pi(serial json)

Hi guys.
I have a problem running gcode generated with flatcam via chilipeppr->pi(serial json)>arduino nano>parallel cable.
The grbl just hangs from time to time and I have to press the tilde (~) in Chilipeppr to make it go on.
The code is nothing special, just milling some pcbs. It hangs on different G1 moves. Nothing special. The buffer is not starved.
Tried running the same gcode several times, sometimes it hangs, other times it finishes without intervention.
Nothing special in the serial console either, tried the verbose and no filter options, comm stops seldomly untill I hit ~
Any ideas?
Thank you.

Unfortunately this is a long standing bug in the Grbl buffer. This bug existed in the TinyG buffer for a while. It is seldom seen and more often on Pi, but it can creep up. It has to do with a threading locking issue where it gets out of sync on the return OKs. I had mentioned this to @Jarret_Luft a while ago who wrote the Grbl buffer flow, but he couldn’t reproduce it on his end to solve. This would take some help from the community to get fixed. I suggest taking the TinyG buffer and migrating it to work for Grbl responses of OK instead of TinyG’s responses of “r:{}”

If only I knew how to do it… I would at least try to make the tilde button larger as I hit the reset by mistake and lost position…

That would take some community contribution. There’s a macro that shows how to make buttons bigger. Grbl workspace needs help from folks to keep up to date and get new features.