Hi guys, hoping someone here can help me ! My power supply failed.

@Jason_Farrell so we can make sure we are on the same page can you verify my understandings above and answer the questions. Please index your answers using the # and letters as identifiers in your answer. That way we can tackle these one at a time.

Will do Don , thank you.
B1 - main PSU being the new large black replacement. The fan inside is coming on but no LED’s lighting.

B2- wp is an led on the power supply as in photo.
B3- laser is another led to the bottom right of the power supply.

B4- I measured on the board itself using ground on the board and 5v and 24v and getting voltage ok .

B5- tl is another led on power supply. Directly beside wp led. Shown in photo.

@Jason_Farrell ok good its a standard K40. Pls look further up this thread there are #'d and A questions :).

Ok lets do this one problem/symptom at a time.
please answer these using the #'s as reference

power on the machine

1. When you push the red test button on the power supply does the laser fire (i.e. lights up)?
  2. If the laser fires, does the current meter show current?

Hi again don, yes to both of those questions now. I have wire from cathode going to + on ammeter and blue wire from rear of power supply going to - on ammeter. Laser powers up fine now and test fires and shows current on ammeter and adjusts using the knob on control board.

Problem now is gantry not resetting when laser is powered on

I used the meter on the board and using ground on the board I’m getting 5v and 24v and on the last pin marked lo I’m getting 4.96v

I’m wondering if its a ground issue. I have taken ground from my mains cable in. If I connect to chassis also the laser won’t power up or fire . also the max reading on the ammeter is 12ma at full power

@Jason_Farrell sorry to repeat stuff but we have to be clear on the symptoms so I don’t take us down a rat hole :slight_smile:
1.0 The laser, the current meter and the “Test” function all now works?
2.0 The gantry won’t reset.
2.1 What do you mean by reset, not homing?
2.2 Can you post video?
3.0 On the controller card the voltages read:
3.1 5v
3.2 24V
3.3 LO 4.96 (that should be correct when not printing)
4.0 I dont understand the ground symptoms.
4.1 if you connect the mains ground to the chassis the laser won’t fire? Is the mains ground not connected?
4.2 on a separate issue the current does not go higher than 12ma?

Sorry Don,
#1 yes they do.
#2 /2.1 does move/doesn’t reset.
#3/3.1/3.2 all correct.
#4/4.1 I am only using ground taken from mains, nothing to chassis.
When connected to chassis laser won’t fire.
#4.2 Correct. Does not go higher than 12ma

@Jason_Farrell
It does seem like there is a ground problem.
1.0 with machine off measure OHMS from LPS gnd to chassis.

@Jason_Farrell anything I can do to move you forward to a solution?

Sorry don , only getting a chance between work. I don’t know if I did it properly but took readings.
200- bat
2000- 983
20k- 0.99
200k- 01.0
2000k-001

I attach photos, I took readings between fg on power supply to chassis.

Don you are not going to believe this ! Its sorted, I am a total dumbass. I read your diagram wrong !
I reversed the wiring on the m2 nano. Completely stupid !
Thank you so so so so much for your help and your massive patience in listening to me !

1 Like

@Jason_Farrell ​ you reversed power? Is board OK?

Everything working?

Seems to be don , test fires ok and can be adjusted ok, goes up to 30ma now also. Going to focus it today and get back to using it hopefully !

1 Like

@Jason_Farrell excellent.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: New analog panel on FL-K40D