Hi guys, do you know this "3D printer"? http://vimeo.com/m/98775817 How can i build it?

Hi guys, do you know this “3D printer”?

How can i build it?

You can do that by hand, all you need is a bed of nails and some twine, string, or whatever material you want to use.
Any x,y,z cnc device should be able to operate the dispenser since it looks like its pulled through instead of extruded.

There is alot that is not shown in the video. That is surely because otherwise they would not be able to sell anything since they would give away all of the secrets. I am sure that thread is passed down those tubes and left dangling or connected via another thread passing through the loops on the bottom side. Otherwise, there would be no point in the tubes being tubes.

I don’t think there are other threads involved - I think they’re just coating the yarn in some sort of adhesive so it bonds to itself.

I wonder how the filament remains attached after removing the frame!

according to you what software was used to generate the path? Cura? Slicer?

Custom program in a scripting language of some sort - probably python.

It’s hard to tell but I don’t think there’s a fourth axis on this - ie the string feed is passive. So all they have to do is generate 3d paths to draw, which doesn’t really take a full slicer.

They’re coating the yarn in RTV silicone. Then pulling it off the form after it’s cured.

So maybe the tubes are “tubes” to help with curing of the rtv silicone?

The tubes on the build plate are just support till the RTV cures. Likely coated to allow release.
They don’t show in the video, but the funnel on the deposition head would be filled with RTV which impregnates the yarn as it travels through the long nozzle.
The secret sauce is in the weave patterns.

Thanks for the info Mark, Looks like with all the details one of these could be built somewhat easily. Although for some reason it reminds me of the 60’-70’s when they had all the yarn and string crafts. Like the hanging lights covered in string.