Hi friends  I want to ask you for help today,

Hi friends

I want to ask you for help today, I try to use a library FastLed with Atmega1284 but it did not work correctly as the first sketch I tried Cylon.ino after uploading sketches to the CPU are all pixels light up in white and further nothing happens can you anyone advise what can be the problem ? I have used this method and Arduino IDE 1.0.5 http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/arduino-uno-pro

We’d need more information, such as a circuit diagram, what kind of power you’re using, what kind of LED strip you’re using, which version of FastLED as well as seeing your code (in case it’s changed). Also, have you tried the RGBCalibrate demo?

For instance, you could be using one of those 12V LED strips, where all of the LED’s ARE the same colour.

I use led strips WS2811, yes I have to try and sketch RGBCalibrate but the result is always the same power led strip mam connected directly with Arduino Duemilanove using a recent version FastLed library https://github.com/FastLED/FastLED

That’s a start, but still lacking in detail. RGBCalibrate is using pin 7 for the data pin. Are you using that pin? Are you sure you got your wiring right? Have you uncommented the WS2811line? Again, wiring hookup helps. How about the number of LED’s you’re using? What about your power supply?

Yes I am using the correct pin 7 when I connect LED diode to pin 7 flashes quickly, and so this means that the output is active for testing use only 6 units ws2811 pixels.

And you’re just powering it up with a USB connection? Are you connecting pin 7 of the Arduino directly to the Din line (as opposed to the Dout line)?

Also make sure the LED strip is grounded to the arduino as well.

Power strip I certainly alright error must be sought elsewhere processor mega328 everything works correctly I think the error is somewhere in the timing processor mega1284

@Marcel_Dolnak I’m pretty sure that the library doesn’t support the 1284 chip yet. I could be wrong, but that’s my deduction. Go to the github page and request that support for that chipset be implemented into future releases of the library.

Yes, there isn’t support for the 1284 yet.

Pull down the latest FastLED2.1 branch - I’ve put in pin definitions for the ATmega1284P - but it’s based on their docs, so I haven’t had a chance to test whether or not they will work.

I can’t remember who it was but someone else here has been using that same shield with FastLED and successfully if I remember right.

Thank you for your advice I downloaded the latest FastLed2.1 a library but it showed me this error. \arduino-1.0.5-r2\libraries\FastLED/colorpalettes.h:145: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area

That’s only a warning, you can ignore it for now.

Think like to ignore what should I do ?.

If it is failing to compile for you, then the problem is something else - not the warning you pasted. Can you copy the entire compile output? I want to see what else may be going on for you.

Here is a listing of messages

D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=atmega1284p -DF_CPU=12000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -ID:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\hardware\Calunium\cores\arduino -ID:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\hardware\Calunium\variants\pcb -ID:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED C:\Users\Folny\AppData\Local\Temp\build4404778257253151125.tmp\RGBCalibrate.cpp -o C:\Users\Folny\AppData\Local\Temp\build4404778257253151125.tmp\RGBCalibrate.cpp.o
In file included from D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:24,
from RGBCalibrate.ino:1:
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/chipsets.h:405:2: warning: #warning “Not enough clock cycles available for the GW6205@400khz”
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/chipsets.h:419:2: warning: #warning “Not enough clock cycles available for the UCS103B@800khz”
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/chipsets.h:433:2: warning: #warning “Not enough clock cycles available for the WS2811 (800khz)”
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/chipsets.h:456:2: warning: #warning “Not enough clock cycles available for TM1829@1.6Mhz”
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/chipsets.h:462:2: warning: #warning “Not enough clock cycles for LPD1886”
In file included from D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:23,
from RGBCalibrate.ino:1:
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/colorpalettes.h:16: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/colorpalettes.h:39: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/colorpalettes.h:62: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/colorpalettes.h:85: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/colorpalettes.h:109: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/colorpalettes.h:119: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/colorpalettes.h:131: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/colorpalettes.h:145: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h: In member function ‘void ClocklessController<DATA_PIN, T1, T2, T3, RGB_ORDER, XTRA0, FLIP, WAIT_TIME>::showAdjTime(const uint8_t*, int, CRGB&, bool, int) [with unsigned char DATA_PIN = 6u, int T1 = 4, int T2 = 4, int T3 = 5, EOrder RGB_ORDER = RGB, int XTRA0 = 0, bool FLIP = false, int WAIT_TIME = 50]’:
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:32: sorry, unimplemented: inlining failed in call to ‘void _dc(uint8_t&) [with int CYCLES = -0x000000001]’: recursive inlining
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:22: sorry, unimplemented: called from here
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:32: sorry, unimplemented: inlining failed in call to ‘void _dc(uint8_t&) [with int CYCLES = -0x000000001]’: recursive inlining
D:\LED STRIP PROJECT\Arduino Original\arduino-1.0.5-r2_ciste\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:22: sorry, unimplemented: called from here

Hmm - looks like there are some other issues with this setup - I am going to have to look at it more tomorrow.

If it is really 12mhz though, you may have problems once I fix the build, I haven’t done any testing at 12mhz yet

I tested it on the 12 and the 16MHz and it was still the same result

What board are you selecting in Tools | Board? When I select “Arduino UNO*Pro” - it builds without any problems. (And looking at the disassembly of the output, it looks like it should be good)