Hi Friends, i try to find a solution for XATC and Tool length sensor

Hi Friends, i try to find a solution for XATC and Tool length sensor … please can some guys from the developer crew answer this issue:

“I was hoping to use TinyG with multiple tools, but the lack of length compensation seems to be a killer for this. I can see how the tool change “subroutine” itself could be managed outside of TinyG, but without the G43 tool length offsets, you’d have to implement the offset by re-defining the “main” G10 L2 coordinate offsets at every tool change, right? This would push the management of keeping track of the coordinate system offsets out to the sending context, which would add quite a bit of complexity on that end. How hard would it be to get the G43 offsets into TinyG?”

Can i get a beta of this firmware or do you don’t want to implement this feature?

Where is the brandnew alpha or beta version’s on github? (Rev 446?) I can’t found it … ok i can emulate this G43 command, but it’s not nice :slight_smile:

@Frank_Herrmann when I first thought about the tool change this was a major road block. I sent a few guys some messages about G43, but the response was not positive.
I really hope you can get this implemented, it will be a game changer.