Hi folks, I recently upgraded my Reprap i3 to a Re-ARM board running Smoothieware.

Hi folks,

I recently upgraded my Reprap i3 to a Re-ARM board running Smoothieware.
Unfortunately, my Y axis is a bit out of control.
I noticed a rapid “shaking” or “jittering” on some moves which make the Y axis shift very often. This also happens on the first layer, when it is printing at about 15mm/s.
Video can be provided, please find my smoothe config here: https://pastebin.com/efB69tKg

Any help appreciated!

Double check the wiring of that motor. Make sure the connector isn’t damaged, etc

@ThantiK That was one of the first things I did. I even swapped the motor and filed a notch in the shaft so that the grub screw cant slip. Still the same issue

Still no joy, Paul?

The Re-ARM board also uses external drivers, no? – swap the drivers with another position and see if it’s not the driver itself.

Generally speaking I had issues on the Y axis for a while (shifting layers), no matter which drivers I used (8825, 2100, 2130). So something mechanical must be the cause.
My main concern atm is the shaking of the printhead. Did anyone had a look at the config and can confirm there’s nothing unusual in it?

@Paul_Arnold I don’t see anything wrong with the config.