Hi folks! Hopefully once this last problem solved,

@Jeff_DeMaagd I agree Jeff, The fact is that both Y motors do run correctly except one is over heating. The x and z motors do run fine too. So before switching to open drain solution and re-cable everything, I’ll investigate a bit more. I tend to think the over heating could be due to the difference in length (resistivity) of the motors cables. They are pretty long around 1.5 m in 1.5 mm² diameter for 3 Amps peak current @24 volts; so a slight unbalance could cause one motor to drain more power than the other one. My recent tests tend to show that the over heating motor is always the one on the shorter cable.
Beside the problem stays the same when the drivers are disconnected from the SmoothieBoard So you are probably right
Thanks for your message.

It was mentioned before a bad contact could be the culprit for a motor getting not enough current and so heating less than the other. Have you measured the resistance of the two coils of each motor as measured from the green screw terminals of the DM542 (A+ to A- and B+ to B-)? Both motors should give you a similar coil resistance if they do not then you have found where the problem is.

@Thibaut_Robin It will not be added to the s/w as slaving in S/W would slow the whole system down for no reason as the external h/w slaving works perfectly well with no impact to the speed of the system. Especially with external drivers slaving in s/w makes no sense at all.

@Wolfmanjm That makes sens :wink:

Great setup, just found your post! I have it wired via Open, however like your clean cupboard setup…

@Ernst-Jan_Lusink Thanks Ernst I switched to open drain and every thing is ok now. Still that problem was strange…