Hi Everyone, I have built the F1 car and have installed the motor etc.

Hi Everyone, I have built the F1 car and have installed the motor etc. It runs very fast and I love it. The only issue i am having is with the front wheel axle. After about 5 mins of it running the axle breaks and the wheel flies off. It has happened with both front left and right. I reprinted at 80% infill, but happened again. I have installed the 2 bearings and the wheel rotates freely. I do run it flat out and then slam the breaks on to spin it 180 deg alot…maybe this is putting to much force on these joints ? Attached is a pic. Thanks for any advice.

If I’m not mistaken there’s a modified version (not by me) that have a long screw running thru the entire “axle” to reinforce. Can’t remember who mentioned this before but search thingiverse or pinshape. And please keep us updated.

This is a really good idea! From someone that can’t drive these well and crashes often :wink: always a good time though!
Brook

I may recommend to print those parts with a flexible material such as nylon, abs or PET. With the Truggy I had great experiences with acetone smoothed abs and trimmer line (cheap nylon) as well.

Appendix, you may print it with support in a horizontal direction! Inter layer bonds are much weaker than the horizontal lines of a3d print.