HI EVERYONE. I am new in this comunity and I have a problem with

HI EVERYONE.

I am new in this comunity and I have a problem with my 3D printer.
I have a Flsun prusa I3 3D printer. I maked a upgrades and now I have better printed pices but I have a bigger problem.

I printed a calibration cube of 20x20x20 mm and when I measured the 3D pice, I measured the next dimensions.

X axis 20.46mm
Y axis 20.36mm
Z axis 20.36mm

I know that when we printed with the 100% of flow the dimension can be diferents. For example in the Y and Z axis I have the same diference (.36mm) but in the X axis I have and other diferent dimention (.46mm) tha is .10 mm more respect Y and Z axis. My question is, what is the problem with the X axis? What can I do for slove this problem.

:+1::+1:

That’s actually pretty good fidelity. In my experience the physical part doesn’t exactly hold to the dimensions of the model. My advice is to adjust (downsize) your model slightly to get the results you want in the real world.

You also just have to make allowances for this fact of 3D printing in your designs. As in, don’t design things such that slight physical variations are going to wreck the design. (Or if you do, then count on doing some iterating on the design to get your physical part just right.)

One last thing: if you wind up getting successful calibration by tweaking your model, great. But what you have to do on one printer may not hold for another printer. So don’t consider any tweaking rules-of-thumb you develop to be entirely portable.

Good luck.

@Robert_Wales Hi. Thank you for your information. When I read your coment, I decide check other pieces that I printed with the same printer and the same parameters in the software. The dimentions in the digital model are X-70mm Y-86mm and Z-8.52mm and the dimensions in the printed model are the same X-70 Y-86 but in Z axis I have 0.02mm more Z-8.54. Maybe the problem with the calibration cube is thermic dilatation or which the layer fan don’t have the suficent power. Because when I start to print the cube they have in his base 20mm and in the thirth or fourth layer this start to expand.

That could be. It could also be that you’ll find more divergence between model size and real-world size when it comes to smaller parts (i.e. your calibration cube) than bigger ones. One way to test that would be to scale up the cubes and see if deltas remain proportional or if something else like a convergence of measurements starts to happen.

Again, my real-world experience (which I’ll admit is a lot based on smaller-dimension models) is that when you ask, say, for a 6mm cylinder, you never get one that is exactly 6mm. And for myself, I’ve just learned to live with it and factor it into the way I design things. YMMV.

@Robert_Wales It’s very interesting. I’m going to check with scaled cubes and other pieces in small, medium and bigger size.