Hi everyone I am a newbie in cnc...

@Paul_Frederick Sorry, Professional Tungsten Carbide cutters, Tips and Inserts as used by machine shops. I was just commenting that the hobbyist seems to pay a lot more.

@Robert_Ritchie
Perhaps the economics of scale are to blame? Low volume goods are more costly than higher volume ones are. Tool inserts tend to cost about what Dremel bits cost too. Dremel bits also come with a shank. So they’re plug and play. Inserts need a holder.

@Paul_Frederick This process of CNC building has been a very steep learning curve and I am always looking at cost comparisons. Dremel have a wide range of tooling and are great for beginners like me, but to buy a good range you would end up spending around $1000. Eventually I want to add a home made tool changer and as you know that will require many holders. Also on my list is an automatic job placement and removal system. Any ideas would be gladly received.

@Robert_Ritchie
Find a good loan officer at a bank is the only advice I have for you now. I met a guy that bought a water jet on credit. He didn’t sleep much. That machine never stopped running either. He’d stack 1/4" thick steel plates on that thing a foot high, and cut them all in one go though. Didn’t have to clamp them down, or nothing. Just let 'er rip! That’s what about a million bucks gets you in the world of CNC.

Ever seen water jetted steel? It looks like someone spent their whole life polishing those edges. Not a tool mark on them. Beautiful finish I’m telling you. Although I still donno if it’s worth losing sleep over.

@Paul_Frederick No loans needed I buy when I can afford it. Each day I try to fabricate a part for my machine, like today I am building an Auto tool probe. Keep in touch I am sure some of my projects will interest you.