Hi Chilipepprers, I've had tremendous success using the tiny g and chilipeppr but have

Thanks for the great advice everyone. I work in this over the weekend. I think as a first step I’ll just disengage the switches and see if I can cut to the end of a project. I’ll hopefully report back with some good news.

John, just out of curiosity, if you have no limit switches, isn’t there a risk of your spindle/ router colliding with the ends of the axes? For example you forget that you have entered a value of 100 for jogging and you push jog for the z-axis. Do you have some kind of countermeasure for this?

No I don’t. And really it doesn’t matter to me. Your stepper motors just skip steps if it hits and you hit feed hold to stop it. It almost never happens.

Ok got it. Thanks!

Hi John and Tony,
Would it help if I disabled the limit switches in the chilipeppr command prompt?

not sure about the command prompt but if you disable them in the TinyG setup it will do the same thing.

I think we are talking about the same thing: I enter a dollar sign and then change a setting for the switches to deactivate them. This would be much more preferable than removing wires from the tiny g.

@jlauer @Kevin_McNally did this get resolved? If not I have seen this issue with a external reset button wire that was really long. After i removed the wire it worked fine. I think the switch wire was getting noise then resetting the board. Also one the TinyG red light flashes does it never stop flashing int a reset? Or does it just flash then stop flashing?