Hi, anyone have truly experience of a Z axis on a 3W diode laser

Hi, anyone have truly experience of a Z axis on a 3W diode laser could be of improvement? I’m having hard time doing improvements to maybe a non rescue situation.

I have not found any info out there (altough there are vendors out there doing it), as there’s a lot of factors that influence the laser performance.

The materials is the main issue I think, as unless you buy a quantity of the same stock, plywood could vary on color, and texture rendering block-noted parameters unreliable.

But there’s also focal distance, the farther you put the laser from the material as default focus, the better focus range you have, but there’s also a power loss?

I should bought a k40 :expressionless:

K40 has its own quircks so it’s a trade and depends on the objective

Ohhh yeah let’s get this rolling.

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty my objective was simple, but maybe not so simple, to develop tabletop game accessories. (i.e. Warhammer, stuff) but anyway, compared to 3d printing, laser is a whole new land, with a heavy lack of information

We are currently 139E of 439E (Yay, I have found K40 from Germany, no Customs fees!)

BTW, thank you all the donors for doing this possible, you are an awesome crew!

done :slight_smile:

30 bucks more (167 out of 439)

@Jorge_Robles +Peter van der Walt Ok. Another $150 USD coming your way. Straight from the Grbl donation coffers.

Mother of god! Sonny you are such generous!

No problem. But having issues with PayPal. Says you can’t accept personal payments?

Please use https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B39RJA2287QBE

Done! You should have 141 euros in your account.

Yes, thank you again. Laser is nigh!