Hi all, new here so please be gentle with me :) recently found the

Hi all, new here so please be gentle with me :slight_smile: recently found the OpenRC F1 project on thingiverse and am half way through printing the files. I want to buy all the electronics for this once printed but as yet I have no experience with rc cars. Is there any guides out there on how all the electronics fit together with this project? I can print the parts and put the shell together but Iโ€™m lost with the electronics side of it. Any help is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

You donโ€™t need to worrie. The esc (which drives the motor) usually has colored thick pin cables and the remote receiver is quite often written with labels. One thing I came across often when using lipo batteries for airsoft and rc helicopters is that the batteries and the devices may have very different plugs. Just check the descriptions of better get some soldering skills :wink: and post some pictures when you are done

In the same boat.

Can anyone knowledgeable explain the difference between the 13.5t and the 21.5T motors.

Looking to get a motor unit I can swap between the F1, Truggy, and maybe other projects along the way. Donโ€™t want to โ€œneedโ€ to buy a new motor every project I decide to hit print on.

Also open to cheaper - get you started on the hobby options.