Hi All, I've had all my parts printed for some time.

Hi All,
I’ve had all my parts printed for some time. I want to take this to the makerfaire in a few weeks, however I am struggling with the CVD joints.
Can someone post a link to buy what is needed, that will fit the 3D model ?
I have all the bearings, screws etc. But I’m not going to pull the trigger on the electronics until I am comfortable I can get what I need to complete the model.

Thank you
Jamie.

Where are you from? The sourced CVDs for the Truggy are available at Conrad which doesn’t deliver outside Europe.

Hi Klaus, sorry I should have mentioned. I’m in Australia. Clearly I’ll need to buy from overseas.

And I thought conrad had discontinued the part.

You may probably right. When I built the Truggy like a year ago I’ve seen them in a Conrad store for like 20€ in Austria (if I remember correctly). However I used cheap China CVDs (believe it was 1018 or something) and extended the middle areas of the wishbones and the stabilizers by a centimeter. Had to try a bit until it fit. Unfortunately it is way too long ago to remember more details I’m afraid.

Check out one of my older posts. I have a google sheet with all the needed parts. I too ordered some Chinese knock off CV joints and they were fine. If you still can’t find the info let me know I’ll dig it up and send it again. Good luck! The car was fun to build, super fast and a bit delicate. Ran into a curb and blew off the back wheel. Just reprinted the parts and was back on the road though. Fun stuff.

@Kevin_Wojcik Hi Kevin, thanks for the info. If you could resend that would be greatly appreciated. Not sure I even know how to search old posts yet!

@Kevin_Wojcik Found your spreadsheet and ebay link, thanks!
You mention the 84mm dogbone set. But the conrad one is 118mm (166mm total) Hard to know what to buy. Do I need universal cup B or C. And what drive shafts ??? aargh!!

@Jamie_Wilson1 yeah the eBay link someone else created it is a bit confusing since there are a number of different sized parts all lumped together. I ended up ordering the 84mm dogbones which connect the central differential to the front and rear differentials. The dogbones for the axels are different, those are just a dogbone in one side and have a screw / nut in the other where the wheels attach. Sorry I don’t know all the proper names. I can always send pix if it would help. Let me know.

@Kevin_Wojcik OK thanks for clarification on the dogbones. I’ll order the 84mm version. However there are at least 3 versions of the drive axles, and none have measurements. There is also the option of buying a dogbone and axle separately. If there is any chance you have a part number for the drive axles that would be fantastic.
Actually comparing the picture of the conrad version, none seem to suit.

@Jamie_Wilson1 hmm seems the listing changed or I just got lucky. I tried to find my order history but couldn’t find anything. I looked at the link again and I see what you mean there are three or four different wheel axles. Honestly the ones with the holes are better but I’m not sure if they will work. I didn’t order those, this is the type of axle I ordered. It has a “D” shaft where the hex hub slides over. It works but I feel it will wear out over time.