Hi all. I'm trying to give GRBL-LPC a try since I'm hearing good things.

As far as I can tell, we’ve both written the same path. I definitely haven’t modified it at all on my computer, and my path is as you have written. I’ve been trying all of your instructions on two different computers. One is on Windows 10, the other is Windows 7.
The path on my Windows 7 computer ends with a folder called “LaserWeb” instead of “lw.comm-server”. I did not modify the folder names at all.

Ah ok, the path was shortened because I was reading your post in the motification dropdown.
It’s very odd that the .env file works on my Win10 PC but not on yours.

Would it be ok if I compile a special installer for you with the .env settings hardcoded, so you can check if that would help?

That would be awesome. Thanks you so much for helping me with this

It works! I installed the version you sent me, and I’m now connected! I can’t thank you enough!

That’s nice for the moment, but I need to find out why the .env file was not working on your system. Otherwise you could not install later updates.

I’ve got it solved! The problem was with the .env file. Somehow the .env file is only “env” instead of “.env” after downloading it. The dot is getting dropped somewhere it would appear. …sadly I did not notice this earlier. I only noticed this after making a new .env file in cmd.
I renamed the file in cmd and now it works. I can edit it with Notepad as needed.

RESET_ON_CONNECT=1 was the line that fixed my connection problem.

I’m now using the main Laserweb install. No need to make me anymore custom installers I hope! I should be able to update just fine now. I’ll just need to keep a copy of my .env file. Not a problem there.

Anyone else that may have issues with this down the line and finds this post, here are some detailed instructions to create the .env file in windows cmd.exe

-Go to your LaserWeb install directory: You will need to show hidden files and folders to get there. OR: right click on your LaserWeb app shortcut>click properties>then click the “Open File Location” button

-Right click some blank space in the folder and select New>Text Document

-Open the new text document and add the following line without the quotes:
“RESET_ON_CONNECT=1”

-Save the document

-Click on Windows Start menu, type cmd, and press enter. This should open a command prompt window

-Type "ren " without quotation marks. that’s ren followed by a space. Do not press enter yet.

-Drag the text document that you created earlier into the command prompt window. It should now look something like:
C:\Users\yourcomputerusername>ren “C:\yourcomputerusername\AppData\Local\Programs\lw.comm-server”

-After the string add a space then type “.env” without the quotes. Then press enter and it should rename your file to “.env”.

For any users with a Raspberry pi and the Protoneer board RESET_ON_CONNECT=1 in the .env is required for this setup to connect correctly.
P.S. I am using a Pi Zero successfully.