I would like to have some advises prior to starting a project.
The project is divided into two parts:
first part is composed of two x 1meter led strip, that should be linked, i.e. controlled together. imagine it as each led would be used for one sound channel (one for left, one for right) and i wish to have some effect in link with sound (UV meter etc). plugged to 5v or 12v, depending on what is the difference between each ? I wish to control via them a remote controller to choose between some predefined effects but also, when needed via glediator, over wifi.
second part is composed of a lot more led strip (4 x 1.90m / 1x 1.80m / 1x1.70m / 1x1.60m / 1x1.50m / 1x1.30m / 1x1.20m / 1x1.10m / 1x1m / 1x0.80m / 1x 0.70m / 1x0.50m / 1x0.40m / 1x0.30m / 1x0.20m / 1x0.10m) placed horizontally, 10cm from each other approx. they should all be controlled together as well. all will sit behind a polished glass, and i wish to have some effect such as sunrise, 1800K light, flame etc. plugged to direct 220/240v (so via a power supply that would do the trick i guess). I wish to control via them a remote controller to choose between some predefined effects but also, when needed via glediator, over wifi.
My questions are basically to understand:
- apa102 or ws2812b or else ? some advises on where to by good ones at reasonable price ?
- for the second part, any advises on the power supply approach ? (there is no power outlet closeby, but there is direct 220/240v cable)
- how would the remote controller work ? which component would I need to make this work ?
- same qst for glediator over wifi
- would an arduino work out enough here or do i need another device?
- i understood that I need some resistor and capacitor to put during some wirings; where would I find best guide for that (to calculate which capacitor/resistor for my setup, and where to wire them)
- did I forget some components ?
finally, where would the fastled library fit it here ?
thanks a lot for your precious help !!
I have been lurking for a while and finally decided to start my project and hopefully finish it to share it here as well alongside big names like Yves