Hi all, I use Chilipeppr with my homebrew GRBL/Arduino controlled router to etch,

Hi all,

I use Chilipeppr with my homebrew GRBL/Arduino controlled router to etch, drill and mill circuit boards. I used it to cut one fairly recently (last week) without a problem, but today there seems to be a problem connecting my arduino to the server.

The machine responds to jog commands and moves appropriately when a gcode file is initiated, but the DRO doesn’t change from zeros. The info block widget directly below the DRO widget indicates that the GRBL device is disconnected/offline (despite machine movement). Obviously, the autolevel feature, which is what I really need, fails when trying to measure the first point. When I connect to the device using EFL, a far less feature-rich Gcode sender, the DRO updates just fine - so I think my GRBL/setup is not the problem.

Unfortunately, my mechanical engineering background means that I’m not very good with software or would happily attempt to debug myself. My usual go-to solution is to hit it with a hammer (“percussive maintenance”), but I don’t think that’ll be much help here.

Any thoughts on how I could get back up and running? I suspect that some recent update to chilipeppr/jpadie has broken my setup. Is anyone else having this problem too?

Other details:

• I am on Windows 8.1, 64 bit, using the Chrome browser.
  • my SPJS is verison 1.88, and doesn’t indicate any errors when connecting to my machine

Yes. The problem is already known and jpadie is working on a solution.

Ah, great. Thank you. I will sit tight.