Hi all, I’m new here in this forum.

Hi all,

I’m new here in this forum.

I recently ordered a simple pcb milling machine from ebay. The apps I found on the net, to do the milling, was quite primitive and unflexible. Until I found ChiliPeppr. Exactly what I wanted! One tool for the entire process, and developer friendly too.

As my machine has an integrated grbl based controller, I used the grbl workspace and then moved to jpadie to match grbl 1.1. I got my machine working. But to get a simple pcb done was a struggle. My experience in one word: unreliable. So, as I am a web developer, I checked out how to debug and discuss the problems with you - the community, or maybe fix them myself.

But with the grbl or jpadie workspace, I found no way to trace the code I run back to a version in git. Neither the workspace nor the widgets have the commands Fork in github, that can be found in the tinyg and sample workspaces. For the widgets I can fork in jsfiddle, but not for the workspace.

So I have an unreliable workspace with unknown code origin and version, that I may play around with. But what should I do with my fixes?
Or is there a safe way to find out the origin on github of the code I run?

I really appreciate how simple it is to hack away with the code, but I would prefer to put my results of this in a github pull request, as is the normal process for most open source projects.

@Dag_Rende
All the widgets are loaded from repos online and the core widgets are easily forkable. Including the workspace.

You can’t fork the whole of chilipeppr though. There is a skin that does the loading that is static. Of course you could capture the whole rendered/execd code and use that yourself.

If you have issues with unreliability then perhaps create a post here. For my part of gave up on milling after a couple of months with a cheap device during which I could not get a single board milled successfully. I still support the jpadie workspace but get my pcb fabbed in China as I did before buying the mill.

@Justin_Adie1
Thank you!
How do I find the Github repos and versions of the current jpadie ws and widgets?
I will give my mill a chance and then report the software problems I find.

The workspace and core widgets are all in my github. (/jpadie).

You can get the other widgets by examining the workspace code for the loader URLs.