Hi all, I just received a new K40 off ebay today,

Even though the x-axis sensor is off, the cutter head does seem to cut correctly as long as I “manually” home it to the top-left. I cut a few patterns after doing this. Does this mean that I could technically run projects as long as I physically move the cutter head back to top left before each cut?

@Brian_Li I think we are talking about the y sensor …no?
Where do you live?

It is the one that controls left/right movement (I think that is x-axis correct?). I am in Minneapolis.

@Brian_Li you are right it is the x sensor that seems to be misbehaving. If nothing else works I think you have to pull that daughter card out.

If i were to attempt repairing this sensor or replacing with a mechanical, are there instructions on this process easily accessible? Thank you!

The seller is offering a $100 refund if I keep the machine - I don’t kind fixing it, but anyone think that’s worth it and know what parts I would need?

endstops can cost under $5 each so I’d suggest that you take the $100 and spend it on upgrades (booze).

I concur. End stops are cheap.

Thanks guys - do you have any recommendations on where to purchase?

I can repair them or show you how and have parts list on my blog.

Somewhere I have seen a conversion to mechanical but have to find it. Will do when I get home tomorrow.

@Brian_Li you should probably just send that whole hundo over to @donkjr . :slight_smile:

@Brian_Li where do you live?

@donkjr I’m in Minneapolis!

@Brian_Li your call, we can try to troubleshoot remote
or
remove x and y daughter card and white flat cables and send here.

Your cost is only;
Shipping both ways
Patience as I get it in que and get parts if needed :slight_smile:

@donkjr hi don, is there a way to start a private conversation? Sorry, I’m new to google communities. Thanks!

@Brian_Li sure, I sent you a PM which is just a G+ post only to you.