I am new to this world so need a bit of advice. I am involved in conventional printing but want to expand in to other areas.
Looking to purchase a 3D Printer next year for my small business based in the US. Probably FDM that produces PLA parts (possibly other).
My criteria (quite broad):-
- Good speed to be cost-effective. I want to produce small batch runs of simple plastic parts but don’t want to wait all day. Important.
- Straightforward to use. Which CAD is best user-friendly?
- Reliability, Repeatability and decent quality.
- Budget $10-15,000 maybe more so Professional Machine or Entry Commercial.
- Maybe 12 Inch Bed square +. Doesn’t have to be big.
Better new or better value second hand?
What machine is seen as the benchmark in this category?
I have had suggestions elsewhere of Hyrel 3D machines, Leapfrog and minifactory ultra?
It looks as if there are amazingly knowledgeable people on here so any thoughts and experience with your own machines would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance!