Hi all I am building 3d printers for long time.

Hi all
I am building 3d printers for long time. I was out of community for a while but now i am active again.
I have built a voron which is my current machine. But i am look for a machine which is rock solid and just saw the post on reddit regarding spratan, i am also looking at Eustathios and herc.

I would appreciate the good comparison in terms of final quality and reliability aspect.

I really like the design. I appreciate the use of aluminum plates instead of printed parts etc.

Also i am from india and can get hold of only 20x40 and 20x40 vslot. so…
A) can i use stack of 2020 and 2040?
B) can i use normal extrusion where there is no motion as they are easier to get and bit cheaper, and i may get 2060 and 2080 in that case.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Karan_Chaphekar ! You should be able to open the source files with Fusion360 (thanks to @Eclsnowman for the great design and for creating the multiple format exports) and take a look at which extrusion require the V-Slots. Everything else can be replaced with regular aluminum extrusions (as long as they’re multiples of 20mm of course).

You should be able to use the 2020s and 2040s vslots for the “rail” portion of the X,Y and Z axis of the printer (X and Z uses 2x 2020s each and the X axis uses a 2040 extrusion.), and everything else can be a generic aluminum extrusion. So the 2060s and 2080s don’t need to be vslots necessarily.

I hope this explanation wasn’t too confusing.

Regards,

Alex

Thanks
I have already opened the files and examined it. So i can use 3 2020 profile to make 2060? I can add Additional part to holed them together, or the plates will do that job for me

I’m not really sure it would work to be honest, but I wouldn’t recommend doing that. I think that would only make any vibrations on the machine even worse.