Hi All, Complete new to the 3D Printing game and understand about ten percent

Hi All,

Complete new to the 3D Printing game and understand about ten percent of what you are posting :smiley:

I am currently awaiting the arrival of a 3dstuffmaker-evolution, anyone use one of these?
Looks to suit my needs, guess I’ll find out when it arrives.

Only thing that raises an eyebrow is that it uses RepSnapper software, which I’ve since found to be a bit dated and I haven’t been able to find details on the firmware being used (again stuff I hadn’t become aware of till I had ordered it, newb)

Being as it uses ReSnapper I’m assuming it will use standard rep-rap command/gcodes so I should have options re alt software.

…where are all you guys finding these incredibly obscure printers? I can’t imagine they’d have very good support.

it uses gen6 electronics, so you can probably upgrade the firmware and use whatever you like.
How did you find this printer? never seen it before.

LOL. Well during my initial searching for a local (Australian) supplier 3DStuffMaker came up quite a lot actually.

They have Skype & Online support, one of their guys seems to post quite regularly on the http://reprap.org forums, so I think I should be covered there.

The design/build looks quite solid which endeared me to the product, others I’d seen looked a flimsy and the 200x200x200 build area for the price seemed quite good.

@Stephanie_A Yes I have seen that there are quite a few mods available to the gen6, looks like I have a goodly amount of reading ahead for me on that side of things.