Hi All  Can anyone give me an idea of what I need to do

Hi All
Can anyone give me an idea of what I need to do for the following:
I have got a shuttle express
Just bought a RasPi 2 with wifi bundle because I was told that the shuttle express will not work with a windows laptop.
How do I go about installing JSPS on the Pi and then get the shuttle express to work off the PI

Many thanks

PS I have absolutely no PI experience

I would watch both ShuttleXpress videos inside the widget in ChiliPeppr. @Frank_Graffagnino made a great one and I also made one. With respect to installing on the Pi there’s a great blog at https://nelsontrujillo.com/2015/06/03/controlling-the-cnc-with-raspberry-pi/ but please remember we’re at version 1.86 of SPJS and that blog shows 1.82, so just swap 1.86 anywhere you see 1.82.

also, not sure why your Shuttle Xpress wouldn’t work with a windows laptop… it’s basically made for Windows. All you would need to do is configure keyboard shortcuts for Chilipeppr to the jogging features and map those. That’s how these controllers work with every other piece of software they are used with.

@Frank_Graffagnino it wont work perhaps because I am not that clued up on things Windowsy but I will google how to configure keyboard shortcuts for chilipeppr

@jlauer might have more ideas for keyboard shortcuts, but i believe arrow keys already jog, right John? Just need some to switch axis and speed.

Yeah, just map the arrow keys and you’ll be jogging. That should pretty much do the trick. The other stuff you could just click on the screen to change axis and speed.

oh bummer… is there no keyboard shortcut for the speeds and the axis? if not, add that to the enhancement wishlist!

@jlauer @Frank_Graffagnino
Gents I have the RaPi2 doing some things but not all. I have json server 1.86 installed in the Pi and all the other bits mentioned. Boy talk about a steep learning curve.
My problem is when I run ./shuttle on the Pi I can hear the commands when I push the buttons on the shuttle express but in the Chilipeppr console I see this:-
send /dev/ttyACM0 %
{“Error” : “We could not find the serial port /dev/ttyACM0 that you were trying to write to.”}
send /dev/ttyACM0 %
{“Error” : “We could not find the serial port /dev/ttyACM0 that you were trying to write to.”}
Not to sure what to do to correct it

make sure you follow the steps at the top of the README file for shuttleCP and set those parameters before you compile. Also, in Chilipeppr make sure you connect to your SPJS instance before you start commanding in shuttleCP.