Hey! Reddit mentioned I might be able to get some help for this awesome

@Matt_Richard Hey Matt, could you please expand on the following, Thanks!

“My recommendation for LED strips is 60ppm WS2812b strips. They are easy to work with and forgiving. I would use two strips each with their own data line. Make sure to inject power and ground at the beginning, middle, and end of each strip.”

@Miles_Camp ​ Yep. That’s exactly what I meant. There is a US seller on eBay that has a msgeq7 breakout board for around $15. Unless you want stereo audio detection, I think that board is $10 more.

Cool, I have a Wemos Mini and a MSGEQ7 heading my way! My next hurdle is to figure out is the battery power. I was thinking about using a sealed lead acid battery because they are cheap and I dont need it to be small and light. At about 245 lights, I am thinking its going to have to be a pretty big battery!

My understanding is I will need to provide 5v of power to the following in parallel: Wemos D1 Mini, MSGEQ7, 4 stripes of WS2812B, and a strand of WS2801

@Miles_Camp The analog pin on the Wemos only accepts 3.3V so don’t use 5V with the MSGEQ7. It will work just fine with 3.3V.