Hey John, I will try your advise next time (On wednesday).

Hey John, I will try your advise next time (On wednesday). I am always afraid to run job if it’s not at x0 y0 because I worry the spindle won’t lift and it will go directly to the first plunge point. Happened to me a couple of time where the spindle did not lift to the clearance height and start plunging from the initial point and damage my bit.

anyhow, I manually move the spindle back to x0 y0 z0 this time and start the job. The result wasn’t bad, but I look forward to run the job directly at the end of the autoleveling process.

thanks again for all the help. have a good night.

Moving to any coordinate should be fine. John just doesn’t want you to reset them to zero.

If you’re worried about your bit crashing into the circuit board I would 1. raise it to a safety z height by jogging or 2. run the simulator in the 3d viewer or 3. run an air job before you actually mill just to get a feel for how your g-code performs.

Thanks frank and john.
Point one and two you suggest seem make sense. Point three, I don’t know if it will work after I run the auto leveling. Since if I raise the head it will go back to the actual coordinate for the job. Unless I remove the bit and let the job run. Is that what you are referring to as air job? never done that before so I am just speculating here.

Always learning new things about chilipeppr that’s what i love about it.

I would run the air job before auto-levelling just to get a feel that way. You can also do it afterwards by just turning on G92 and setting your Z say 10mm above the pcb. Run the air job. Then turn off G92.

Interesting… I need to experiment with G92, it is foreign to me. I normally stick with default. Sounds like a neat feature.

So I assume when i turn on G92 is a temp workplace will set my x y z to 0, when i turn G92 off it will go back to z 10mm (if my default z height was in 10mm) right?