Hey guys! Just signed up here after Tim invited me.

oh…I’m sorry, I meant it as a joke and it sounded funny in my head, but now that I reread it it does sound like an insult. I never intended it that way. I removed it just in case, as even if taken as a joke it’s not that funny anyway :confused:

I hope I didn’t insult you Eric, and I’m sorry if I did. And I really appreciate you helping me and the community so much :slight_smile:

Any hard feelings?

I am fine. It takes a lot to hurt my feelings. Let me know if you need any help on the models. I could also convert it to designspark mechanical which is free and essentially spaceclaim with features removed. Spaceclaim uses the autodesk inventor backend engine and had some nice features.

Ok good, glad to hear it :wink:
Also, this is the first time I’ve heard of Design spark mechanical, but it looks very impressive! The only thing I noticed it’s lacking from Solidworks is the ability to model the physics of your design and make sure the gears mesh correctly, etc. Anyone know of a freeware product that offers the physics side of things?

Also, and I’ve mentioned this elsewhere on the several threads I’ve been running but I just realized I made have not made this very clear, but I’ve already ordered a Da Vinci as my first 3D printer and will probably be tinkering with that for at least a few months before considering making a Eustathios. So you can go ahead and export it for DesignSpark mechanical for me if that’s easy to do, but I’d mostly just enjoy looking at the design for now anyway.

I’m mostly just looking for info on design cads right now, as those seem useful overall.